100-Calorie Snacks That Satisfy
Best Clickbank Products
Losing weight doesn’t mean you have to say no to snacks. There are plenty of 100-calorie snacks that you can eat throughout the day to satisfy your hunger and keep your diet on track.
Of course, you can buy 100-calorie snack packs at the grocery store, but those foods are often heavily processed and don’t include the healthiest ingredients. It is also easy to eat more than one of those packs because they are usually very small. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t ever eat them, but it’s smart to make some of your low-calorie snacks at home to boost your overall nutrition. Use these fun snack ideas to save money and make the most of your healthy diet.
100-Calorie Snacks That Are Sweet
Got a sweet tooth? No problem! Calm your cravings with one of these healthy low-calorie. Just be careful to measure your portion sizes when you eat to be sure that you’re not getting more fat and calories than you bargained for. Use a digital scale or use your hand to make sure you’re using the right amount.
- 1/2 cup sugar-free JELL-O and 2 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 cup loosely packed raisins
- 1/2 (small) apple with 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 6-ounce glass orange juice (make frozen pops for a cooling treat)
- JELL-O fat-free chocolate, caramel or vanilla pudding
- one half of a whole wheat English muffin with 2 teaspoons of jelly
- 100-calorie Greek yogurt snack packs (multiple flavors)
- one cup of mixed berries (try raspberries, blueberries or blackberries)
- one cup of unsweetened applesauce
- a frozen fudge pop or a frozen treat by brands such as Skinny Cow or Halotop
- a home-made mock S’more: reduced-fat Graham cracker, topped with a jumbo marshmallow and drizzled with chocolate syrup
- one cup of grapes (try them frozen!)
- one banana
- two or three meringue cookies (depending on the size)
- a red licorice stalk
- a popsicle in your favorite flavor
- a small handful of chocolate kisses
You probably have a few sweet munchies that are low in calories as well. Just be sure to measure portion sizes to keep your diet on track.
100 Calorie Snacks That Are Salty
If you crave crunchy or savory snacks, here are some quick suggestions to keep your calorie goals in line. These snacks under 100 calories will satisfy your craving for salty foods.
Remember that these savory foods are likely to make you thirsty. Some drinks may provide more calories than the snack itself. Drink water (make your own flavored water with berries or herbs) or choose a calorie-free beverage to quench your thirst.
- 4-5 medium salty pretzels
- 3 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup of 2-percent low-fat cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons Oasis Zero-Fat Hummus and 1 cup raw carrots
- 1 cup Progresso Light Chicken & Cheese Enchilada Soup
- 4 whole wheat crackers and 2 servings of fat-free cheese
- half turkey sandwich using reduced-calorie bread, mustard, and veggies
- 6 saltine crackers with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter
- 2 Jarlsberg Lite Minis
- 1 serving natural-style beef jerky
- one hard-boiled egg
- one ounce cream cheese with 4-5 celery sticks
- one ounce cheddar cheese with 4-5 radishes
- a small serving of edamame
- one strip of turkey jerky
- a half cucumber (seeded) stuffed with one thin slice of lean turkey and mustard or fat-free mayonnaise
- a lettuce roll-up stuffed with a single slice of ham or beef and cabbage, carrots, or peppers
- a small tomato salad: cubed tomato, sliced cucumber, sprinkled with feta, salt, and pepper
- 4-5 cucumber slices topped with cottage cheese and salt and pepper
- 1-2 cups of homemade kale chips (prepared with just a small amount of oil) or 1/2 serving of commercially prepared kale chips
- Seaweed snacks in a range of flavors including toasted coconut or almond sesame
Low-Calorie Snacks That Are Sweet and Salty
If you’re like many dieters, you like to enjoy a salty snack followed by a sweet treat. This common taste phenomenon can lead to a never-ending cycle of snacking.
If you know that you can’t eat a salty snack without a sugary chaser, then have a diet soda or a small piece of fruit ready to go. Just one or two grapes or a quick sip of your favorite zero-calorie soda can bust your sugar craving and end the sweet/salty cycle.
A Word From Tips For Healthy Living
Remember that it’s good to snack when you’re trying to lose weight. You just need to make sure you’re eating the right number of calories at snack time. Measure your food before eating and take time to enjoy the mini meal. If you eat at your desk or in front of the television, it’s too easy to mindlessly overeat. But if you eat the right amount, these 100-calorie snacks will help keep your weight loss program on track.