12 Nighttime Habits That Make You Fat
Anyone who’s ever been on a diet knows how long it takes for the unwanted pounds to go away. Sound familiar? Then you should know that some of your nighttime habits might prevent you from losing weight and make you gain weight.
You’re not getting enough sleep 0:38
You overeat at dinner 2:24
You go to bed right after dinner 3:16
You have fried food for dinner 3:54
You eat spicy food at dinner 4:49
You have cereal or other carbohydrates for dinner 5:32
You love eating dessert at night 6:40
You snack after dinner 7:19
You tend to skip dinner 7:48
You consume alcohol or caffeine 8:46
You use a cell phone or computer before bed 9:27
You go to bed late every night 9:52
– Chronic sleep deprivation is an enemy that slowly takes away your health, working capacity, and mental acuity. However, start fighting it, and in just a week you’ll be feeling much better.
– Try to dine in twilight. During a meal in a darker space, we don’t notice how much food is left on our plate and end up eating exactly as much as we need. Enjoying the atmosphere, we eat more slowly.
– You should have your last meal approximately 1.5-2 hours before bed. Also, try to relax before sleep. Breathing exercises, a bath, or meditation will all do the trick.
– You should opt for baked, grilled, or steamed recipes at night. Also, try to rethink your diet. Avoid special dietary products and low-fat foods. Instead, choose eggs, lean meat, and vegetables and healthy fats such as avocado, nuts, and high-fat fish.
– Actually, spicy food is good for speeding up your metabolism. Eat it, if you like it — maybe just not at night.
– For dinner, you can have smoothies or fresh fruit, all kinds of salads or high-protein foods. But in small portions, of course! Also, try another trick: choose a small plate.
– Another way to fight a craving is to brush your teeth instead of eating dessert. You’ll feel the menthol of the toothpaste in your mouth, and your brain will get a signal that the meal is over.
– You overeat and consume empty calories, so you get extra energy that keeps you awake.
– Also, skipping meals can cause anxiety. You lose muscle tissue, and your skin gets loose. Even if you don’t have time for a decent lunch or dinner, at least try to eat a piece of fruit.
– Simply drink less alcohol. Several glasses of wine drunk 3-4 times a week lead to a ‘wine waist’ with a potbelly and fat sides.
– Turn devices off at least one hour before bed, and read a book or listen to relaxing music instead.
– Go to sleep as soon as you feel sleepy. If you feel upbeat by the end of your day, try to include some physical exercises. And you don’t have to go to the gym — long walks will do along with lunges, squats, and push-ups at home.
Subscribe to Bright Side :
For copyright matters please contact us at: email@example.com
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
For more videos and articles visit: