There are certain pressure points in our hands which if practiced appropriately can serve well in overcoming pain & certain illness. Commonly referred to as Acupressure, it’s regular practice can boost the immune system, relieve pain, release stress, and treat a range of ailments, from stomach problems to headaches.
- Hand Valley Point: Located in the firm skin between the thumb and index finger. Apply pressure at this point is known to reduce stress, relieve migraines, toothaches, shoulder tension, and neck pain.
- Wrist Point (At the Crease): It lies in line with the space between your ring and pinkie finger. There’s a bone directly in line next to this pressure point. Reflexologists claim that applying gentle pressure to this spot may protect against anxiety, insomnia, heart palpitations, and depression.
- Base Thumb Point: This is one of the most common points for Self-Treatment. The Base of Thumb point is situated in base of your thumb above the wrist. Applying gentle pressure and massaging this point with your finger is believed to help alleviate respiratory and breathing problems.
- Outer gate point: The outer gate point can be found between two tendons on the backside of the arm. Place three fingers from your other hand above your wrist. Use those fingers to apply firm pressure to this part of your hand to potentially give your immune system a quick boost.
- Inner gate point: The inner gate point can be found in a spot on the crease of your wrist. Hold out your hands as if you’re receiving a gift, with your wrists together. Take one hand and feel about 3 centimeters out from where your wrists were touching in the middle. Reflexologists recommend you massage this point firmly with your thumb. This is believed to improve your digestion and relieve any nausea or stomach pain.
Most Common Acupressure Points are effective for Self-Treatment of various diseases and easy to apply on a regular basis. Still it is advisable to learn the proper techniques of applying pressure. Consult your family physician or an Acupressure Expert in case you have any doubt on applying Acupressure Points for Self-Treatment.