8 Things Your Eyes Say About Your Health
What your eyes are trying to tell you about your health problems. Any vision change is an alarm bell that requires an instant response.
An old saying claims that your eyes are the windows to your soul. No one knows where this phrase came from, but nevertheless, we all know for sure that our eyes can say a lot about us and our health.
Have your eyes suddenly become red? Have you ever had blind spots? In some cases, a cold compress and relaxation are all you need. Other times, you have to see a doctor immediately.
Permanent sty 0:31
Eyebrow loss 1:15
Burning eyes 1:54
Blind spots 2:32
Bulging eyes 2:54
Yellow whites 3:27
Cloudy vision for diabetics 3:46
Impaired vision, vision loss 4:14
– If you’ve ever had a sty, you know the pain and irritation it causes. It looks like a pimple formed on the eyelid. The eyelid usually swells up as the sty develops. A lump on the eyelid appears due to a blocked sebaceous gland and usually goes away within three-four days.
– Eyebrow loss can affect one or both eyebrows with partial or complete hair loss. Spot baldness can be a reason, though it affects no more than 0.1% of the population.
– Many of us spend hours at our computers at home and at work, which causes burning eyes or blurred vision. Nowadays this situation occurs so often that there’s a special medical term that describes vision problems connected with a prolonged computer, cell phone, or e-book use: ‘digital eye strain’ or ‘dry eye syndrome.’
– It’s always frightening to notice a blind spot in your vision. This may pretty often point at a migraine with aura, especially if the picture you get in front of your eyes is accompanied by sparkling dots or wavy lines. Typically, blind spots go together with headaches.
– Bulging eyes: we have all had times when our eyes seemed to betray us. We rub them or blink several times, and our vision seems to become clear again. But if you constantly feel some sort of expansion in your eyes, it can be a symptom of thyroid eye disease.
– Every day we spend time looking in the mirror, so it’s unlikely we can miss this problem. Both adults and newborns with the undeveloped liver function may face jaundice. It may also be connected with the state of the gallbladder or bile ducts.
– People with diabetes have to pay special attention to their health. And vision is one of the things they keep tabs on. One such problem is diabetic retinopathy — a state caused by damage to blood vessels in the photosensitive retina tissue.
– If you notice your vision suddenly impaired, clouded, or even disappearing for a moment, seek medical help immediately. These symptoms are often the first signs of a stroke.
Take care of your health, and we hope you find our video beneficial to you.
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
For more videos and articles visit: