Avocado Zucchini Soup
- Calories:108 Kcal
- Fat: 7.5 g (1 g saturated fat)
- Carbohydrate: 10 g
- Protein:3 g
- Fiber: 5 g.
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cups chopped zucchini (about 2-3 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion, divided
- 1 medium Hass avocado
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin, optional
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, diced cucumber (about 1 medium cucumber)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided
- Salt to taste
- In large saucepan over high heat, combine broth, zucchini and 1/4 cup onion. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, reduce heat and let simmer 6 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- In small bowl combine cucumber, remaining onion, cilantro and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Season with salt to taste. Toss well, cover and refrigerate.
- In blender, combine zucchini mix, avocado, cumin, if using, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and almond milk. Cover and purée until smooth.
- eaving soup in blender container, refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, re-blend soup. Add additional almond milk for thinner consistency, if desired.
- Pour into serving bowls. Top with salsa and serve.
4 (1 cup) servings.