Baby Kale Tuna Salad With Wasabi Dressing
- 1 tsp. wasabi paste or powder
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 lightly packed cups baby kale leaves
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, in thin ¼-inch crescents
- 1 can (5 oz.) water-packed tongol or chunk light tuna, drained
- In small bowl, whisk wasabi with lemon juice; if using powder, add 1 teaspoon water and set aside for 10 minutes to let heat develop. Mix in salt and 4-5 grinds pepper and then whisk in oil. Set dressing aside for flavors to meld while you assemble salad.
- Arrange kale to cover small platter. Sprinkle tomatoes and onions over kale. Add tuna, breaking it into chunks or coarse flakes. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
1 1/2 cups, 6 servings.