Many nuts are good sources of vitamin E, almonds have a particularly high content. Vitamin E is an antioxidant and there is some evidence that it may have a protective effect against coronary heart disease and some cancers.
- Carbohydrates 58g
- Protein 10 g
- Fat 16 g
- KJ 1680
- kcal 399
- 125 g (40z) rolled oats
- 50 g (2 oz) sunflower seeds
- 300 ml (1/2 pint) water
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 large bananas, peeled and sliced
- 250 g (8oz) black grapes, halved and deseeded
- Grated rind of 1 large orange
- Grated rind of 1 large lemon
- 50 g (20z) flaked almonds, toasted
- Pared strips of orange rind (optional)
- Pared strips of lemon rind (optional)
Put the rolled oats and sunflower seeds in a bowl with the water and leave to soak, overnight if possible.
Mix well until creamy, and then add the honey, bananas, grapes and orange and lemon rind. Spoon into a large serving dish, or 4 small ones and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve garnished with orange and lemon rind, if liked.