Calories: 120 Kcal
Fat: 7 g
Carbohydrate: 16 g
Protein: 3 g
Fiber: 3 g.
- Brussels sprouts: 3/4 lb.
- Fuji: 1 or Gala apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- Dried cranberries: 2/3 cup
- Chopped walnuts: 1/2 cup
- Kosher salt: 1/2 tsp.
- Freshly ground pepper: 1/8 tsp.
- Fresh Meyer lemon juice: 1/3 cup or resh lemon juice: 1/4 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1 Tbsp.
- Trim bottom from sprouts and remove any loose or bruised leaves. Place shredding disk or fine slicing disk in food processor, and using feeder tube, gradually shred Brussels sprouts; there will be about 4½ cups (see Note). Transfer shredded sprouts to mixing bowl.
- Add apple, cranberries, walnuts, salt, pepper and lemon juice and stir with a fork for 1 minute to combine well. Add oil and stir well. Cover and refrigerate slaw for 3 hours to overnight. Re-stir before serving. This slaw is best served within 24 hours.
- Note: If your food processor does not have a shredding dish, quarter Brussels sprouts vertically and place in food processor fitted with a chopping blade. Pulse until sprouts are finely chopped, stopping several times to scrape down bowl. Take care not to leave big chunks or to turn sprouts into mush.