Cider-Glazed Sweet Potatoes With Cranberries
- Calories: 190 Kcal
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Protein: 1g
- Fiber: 3 g.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Cook sweet potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until halfway cooked, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool. (This step can be done 1 day ahead if sweet potatoes are covered and refrigerated.)
- In large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, combine cider, sugar, butter, nutmeg and allspice. Bring to boil, stirring often. Add potatoes and reduce heat so liquid is simmering. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cranberries and continue cooking until liquid is reduced to syrupy glaze and potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. (If glaze becomes very thick before potatoes become tender, thin with small amount of cider.)
- When potatoes are tender, transfer to serving bowl with slotted spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour remaining glaze over sweet potatoes and serve.
12 servings (2-3 tablespoons each).