- Do have your eyes tested every two years. Children and pensioners should have an annual check up.
- Do read and work in good light. To avoid glare and shadow, make sure that the light falls over your shoulder.
- Do rest your eyes at least every 30 minutes when reading sewing, using a computer or the like, by looking up and focusing at distant objects.
- Do make sure that your computer and television screens are sharply focused.
- Do wear safety goggles whenever you use caustic chemicals, do woodwork, or run power tools.
- Do wear shatterproof sports goggles for games such as squash.
- Do wear sunglasses when in bright sunlight.
- Do wear goggles in chlorinated swimming pools or in any water of doubtful cleanliness.