Fennel Mushroom Soup
- Calories: 216 Kcal
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrate: 30 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Fiber: 5 g.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 2 small white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium celery stalk, split and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium bulb fennel, chopped
- 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms, including stems
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
In pot or saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper, potatoes, celery and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes, stirring often. Add fennel and sauté 6 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add basil and lemon pepper. Stir. Add broth, vinegar and salt to taste. Reduce heat and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Ladle into bowls. Garnish with parsley and serve.