Garlicky Pumpkin Seed Snack Mix
- Calories: 140 Kcal
- Fat: 12g (2 g saturated fat)
- Carbohydrate: 4 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g.
- Canola oil spray
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (scooped whole from the pumpkin then washed and dried and pre-toasted for 30 minutes in a 300-degree oven; or hulled, prepackaged from the grocery store)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. water
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat baking sheet with canola oil spray. Either pre-toast whole seeds from pumpkin (as noted above), or spread hulled seeds on pan in one layer and toast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine garlic powder and cumin. Thoroughly whisk in Worcestershire sauce and water. Remove toasted seeds from oven. When cool, add to bowl with sauce along with walnuts. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread seeds and nuts on baking sheet in one layer. Bake about 10 minutes, until crisp. Remove from oven, let cool and gently loosen from pan with end of metal spatula. Store in a tightly covered container.
12 servings (2-3 tablespoons each).