Golden Pepper And Orange Soup
- Calories per serving: 35 Calories a portion
- 1 large cantaloupe (or other melon or fruit) cut into small cubes (4-6 cups):3 yellow or orange ( bell ) peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 large onion, chopped:
- grated rind and juice of 1 large orange
- 350 ml /12 fl oz / 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- stoned black olives, chopped: 4
- salt and black pepper.
- Place the peppers, skin side up, on a baking sheet. Cook under a hot grill until the skins are blackened. cover and leave to cool.
- Place the onion in a pan with the orange juice. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Peel the peppers. Puree in a blender with onion, half the orange rind, and chicken stock until smooth.
- Season well, then heat gently. Serve sprinkled with olives and the remaining orange rind.
4 Servings. Serving size: 1 Cup