Calories: 15 Kcal
Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrate: 3 g
Protein: 0 g
Fiber: 0 g.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips or finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, securing the edges with tape.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Add cocoa powder and beat until the mixture becomes glossy. Add mint extract. Gently fold in chips.
- Place mixture in a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2- or 3/4-inch tip. Pipe 1-inch rounds onto the parchment, leaving 1 to 2 inches between cookies. With damp fingertips, press down any peaks.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Place baking sheets on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before peeling cookies off the parchment.
- If a pastry bag isn’t available, spoon mixture into a zip-top bag and snip a 1/2-inch hole in the bottom corner of the bag. Batter can also be dropped with a tablespoon onto the parchment.