Pork Escalopes With Citrus Salsa
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated: 4g
- Fibre: 1g
- FOR THE SALSA
- 2 oranges, segmented and finely chopped
- 1 lemon, segmented and finely chopped
- bird’s eye chilli, finely chopped, (optional)
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- FOR THE ESCALOPES
- 4 pork escalopes, each about 150 g (5 ½ oz)
- Black pepper
- 4 springs thyme or lemon thyme leaves, chopped
- Make the salsa by mixing together the chopped oranges, lemon and chilli (if used), pressing them slightly with a fork to release the juices.
- Add the spring onion and parsley. Set aside for at least 1 hour to allow the flavours to amalgamate.
- Heat the grill to high. Season the escalopes with pepper and sprinkle with the thyme. Grill for 5-6 minutes on each side, until the juices run clear.
- Serve the escalopes immediately on warm serving plates, topped with a spoonful of salsa.