Roasted Cauliflower With Spiced Tomato Sauce
- Fat: 5g (0 g saturated fat)
- Carbohydrate: 11 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Fiber: 4 g.
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper, preferably white
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 7-8 cups medium cauliflower florets (from a 2¼ – 2½ lb. cauliflower head)
- Cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce, no salt added
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. raw sugar
- 2 tsp. white distilled vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In large mixing bowl, combine cumin, coriander, cardamom, ground pepper and 1 tablespoon oil. Add cauliflower and with your hands, toss and rub to coat florets, 1 minute.
- Line 11-inch x 15-inch jelly roll pan with foil. Coat foil with cooking spray. Arrange seasoned cauliflower in one layer on pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir, then bake 10 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, vinegar, cloves, cayenne and salt and mix to combine. Cook until sauce bubbles vigorously around edges of pot.
- Spoon tomato sauce over cauliflower on pan and mix with spatula until florets are well coated, 1 minute. Roast cauliflower 10 minutes. Stir, and bake until florets are tender, about 5 minutes. Serve hot or warm.