Rosemary Garlic Flatbread
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- vegetable oil, for coating
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water and rest for 5 minutes.
- Grind salt with rosemary and garlic in pestle and mortar to form a paste.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to paste and mix well.
- Add yeast water and olive oil/herb mix to flour and knead to an elastic dough.
- Rest for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Turn dough out on lightly floured surface and divide in 8 or 10 portions.
- Roll each portion out to 1/8 inch and brush both sides lightly with oil.
- Grill on a hot grill (coals or gas) for 3 minutes a side until puffy and done.
- Serve warm.