Simple Chicken Mole
Calories: 180 Kcal
Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrate: 7 g
Protein: 21 g
Fiber: 1 g.
- Olive oil 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast halves: 4 , about 3 oz. each
- Chopped onion: 1/4 cup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Ground cumin: 1/4 tsp.
- Ground coriander: 1/4 tsp.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: 1 1/2 tsp.
- Chipotle: 1/2 tsp. or regular chili powder
- No-sodium diced tomatoes 1/4 cup with juice
- Almonds: 2 Tbsp. sliced , toasted for 3-4 minutes
- Raisins: 2 Tbsp.
- Fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth: 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. , plus more if needed
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped cilantro: 2 Tbsp. , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In large skillet, heat tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken to pan and saute, turning once, until cooked through, about 4-6 minutes per side. Transfer to plate, cover with foil and place in oven to keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Add onion to skillet and sauté for 3 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add cumin, coriander, cocoa powder and chili powder, stirring to coat onions well. Add tomatoes, almonds, raisins, broth and salt. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to blender and puree until smooth, adding more chicken broth if needed, for desired consistency.
- Place chicken on serving dish and pour sauce over top. Garnish with cilantro and serve.