Turkey Fajitas with Baby Spinach & Red Peppers
Calories: 317 Kcal
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrate: 31 g
Protein: 34 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 492 mg.
- Chili powder 1/2 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp.
- Ground cumin 1/4 tsp.
- Garlic powder 1/4 tsp.
- Finely ground coffee 1/8 tsp.
- Ground black pepper 1/8 tsp.
- Canola oil 1/2 Tbsp.
- Turkey cutlets 1 lb. or boneless turkey breast, cut into 3/4-inch by 3-inch pieces
- Taco-size (9-in): 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- Lightly packed baby spinach: 1⅓ cups
- Salsa verde: 1/2 cup
- Red onion: 2 (1/2-in) slices , halved crosswise
- Strips red bell pepper: 12 (1/2-in.)
- In small bowl, whisk together chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, garlic powder, coffee and black pepper.
- Place canola oil and turkey in mixing bowl and add dry seasoning. Using fork or your hands, mix to coat turkey evenly with marinade. Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat medium cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Lay a large sheet of foil on your work surface. One at a time, heat tortillas in dry pan until they are flexible, about 1 minute, turning them after 30 seconds. Stack tortillas on foil, covering them with an inverted plate until all tortillas are warmed, then seal tortillas in foil, and set them aside.
- Heat grill-pan or stovetop grill over high heat until a drop of water flicked onto it dances. Using tongs, arrange seasoned turkey pieces in rows on grill, placing them 1/2-inch apart. This may require cooking turkey in two batches. Grill for 6 minutes, turning pieces every 1 minute so they cook evenly and to avoid burning. Transfer cooked turkey to serving plate.
- To assemble fajitas, place warm tortilla on a dinner plate, preferably warm. Arrange one-fourth of spinach in center of tortilla. Add one-fourth of turkey. Spoon on one-fourth of salsa, top with half an onion slice and 4 pepper strips. Fold in top and bottom of tortilla, then sides. Serve immediately.