Not only does Yoga help in keeping your body healthy and energetic, but also aids the health of your skin thus providing you with a natural glow and radiance. Our ancestors did not use any cosmetic products, but still exhibited a glow and shine which was reflective of inner health.
Yoga is well known for its relaxation techniques and it really does help to reduce stress. Stress is a common factor in dull, tired skin, and by reducing that stress you will no doubt end up with clearer skin. You might ask as to what is in yoga that it can boost up the health of one’s skin along with preventing the aging related wrinkles and fine lines. Very simple- yoga balances hormones and boosts the flow of oxygen-rich blood to your skin. This in turn keeps the skin resilient and prevents dryness and excessive sagging. Not to forget- it also tones the muscles of your chin and neck to prevent the trouble of double chin. Reducing body’s toxicity is also a task which yoga can easily accomplish thereby helping you to remain young and fresh forever.
Shitli Kumbhaka Paranayam
This yogic asana is extremely useful for skin and has the potential to reduce facial wrinkles and purify the blood.
- To perform this asana, you need to first fold your tongue so that it protrudes a little from the mouth.
- Slowly inhale through the mouth and you should feel coolness inside the neck when inhaling. Then swallow the breath and hold inside your stomach for a few seconds before exhaling through the nose.
- Kneel on the floor and then sit down on your heels, or sit on the edge of a chair. Rest your hands on your knees with your fingers spread apart. Imagine that you are a regal lion, fierce and powerful. Take a deep breath in through your nose as you lengthen your spine.
- Lean forward slightly as you exhale through your mouth, extending your tongue out as far as you can, opening your eyes and mouth wide, and roaring “Aaah!” At the same time, lift your hands off your knees and spread your fingers wide, pretending they are claws.
- When you have exhaled completely, sit back, return your hands to your knees, and relax. Take two full, deep breaths. And then take another deep breath in through your nose as you lengthen your spine.
- Repeat steps 2 to 3 three more times. When you’re done, sit for a moment and notice how you feel.
Forward Elbow Clasp
Caution: Avoid this pose if you have glaucoma, a detached retina, eye or ear inflammation, uncontrolled high blood pressure, or a history of heart disease or stroke, or if you are pregnant.
- Stand with your feet about hip width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Keep your feet rooted to the floor as you fold forward from your hips, keeping your back flat. Continue until your torso is hanging from your hips, and then grasp each elbow with the opposite hand. If you feel unsteady, stand a few inches away from a wall and lean your buttocks against the wall. Keep your legs strong and allow your torso to spill out of your waist like a waterfall, noticing the weight of your head. Gaze through your legs to the wall behind you. Hold for 3 to 10 breaths. Imagine that you are bowing to your inner beauty.
- To release, lift your abdominal muscles toward your spine and keep your back flat as you raise your torso to an upright position. Unhook your elbows and pause to notice how you feel. If you are lightheaded, sit or lie down for a moment.
Yoga is a really strenuous exercise which works every muscle in the body, however it is done quite slowly and so you do not really sweat as much as you would do with other more active exercises. This is great news for people with acne as it can often provide really good benefits for the condition, and it can sometimes also even clear it up. As every muscle in your body is worked, it helps to keep them toned and that in turn keeps the skin firm. Overall, yoga is excellent for the skin and it can also provide good benefits for people with blemishes and even acne. As well as benefits to the skin, yoga provides benefits for the whole body and it can be practiced by both males and females. So, if you are looking for an exercise to keep you in shape, decrease your stress and keep your skin looking healthy and toned no matter what your age, yoga is definitely for you!